Tuesday 8 December 2015

Front Cover Photoshoot

For my music magazine front cover I conducted another photo shoot with another model. I added the photos from this shoot to my contact sheet.

Requiem Magazine Contact Sheet

I then edited the best photos from the shoot using Photoshop. 


Screenshot #1
First, I opened the photo in Photoshop and used 'auto tone' and 'auto contrast' in order to create a smoother look to the colours. This gives the photo a more professional look.



 I then used the black and white feature in order to fit in with the style of photography I have been using through out my magazine. I used these settings in the black and white feature in order to darken the blue, red and cyan tones of the photo. This creates the style that I was looking for and gives the photo a 'moody' look that fits with my magazine genre.



Once I was pleased with the colour and overall look of the photo I used the polygonal lasso tool to cut out the photo and make the background transparent. I did this so that I could place the photo between the masthead and the article titles on my cover to give it a professional look.


Original photo
Edited photo




No comments:

Post a Comment