Tuesday 8 December 2015

Front Cover

I designed a few different versions of my front cover. Below is my first initial design, not including a main image. I used a bold, hard font for the masthead in order to catch the audience's eye and to fit in with the genre. I kept the colour theme of black, white, red and blue that I have been using through out my magazine. This helps to create a recognisable brand. The same typeface and colour is used in all of the articles in order to create a theme. 


Front Cover first draft


In my second draft I changed the font of the masthead to look more neat and professional. I also removed the puff and replaced it with text for a 'special' article. This text is in blue to show that it is different to the other articles and make it stand out. I used a darker background to test what the articles would look like against a dark photograph.


Front cover second draft
On my third draft I added my photo to the cover. I also added a background colouring of off-white to help the photo stand out. I changed the colour of the title to fit in better with the photo and stand out against the background, as well as the colour of the article text so that it can be easily read over the photo.


Front cover third draft
On the final draft of my front cover I increased the size of the photo after looking at examples of magazine covers in my genre. I also added a white stroke to the articles to help them stand out better against the dark photo. I like this cover the best because the articles look well placed and the photo is focused and fits well with the genre. 

Front cover fourth draft

No comments:

Post a Comment