Thursday 12 November 2015

Double Page Spread Photoshoot

For my double page spread I completed a photo shoot using different lighting and props, and two models. I chose the models to pose back to back to balance the photos and give them a harsh look that would be necessary when posing as a rock band. I used both bright lighting and a blue filter over the lights in order to create different effects. I like the photos using the blue filter because they have a darker edge to them. One of my models used the headphones as a prop to represent a music magazine. When preforming the photo shoot I followed safety rules (e.g. made sure the wires leading from lights weren't tangled, cleared plenty of space when asking models to pose). I created a contact sheet of the photos I took.
 

My Photo Shoot Contact Sheet
Once I had taken the photos I uploaded them to my computer and begun editing my favourites.

Original photo


Edited photo


Original photo

Edited photo
I edited these photos using Photoshop with the skills I have learnt from previous lessons. I edited the first photo to give it a fully black background, which was inspired by Amy Barwell's photography. This gives the photo a more edgy feel that I think goes well with the type of magazine I am creating. I cropped the second photo to get a better focus on the model, and edited the colour to black and white. The highlighting from the lighting I used in the photo shoot helped to lighten the model's face and create edges instead of using plain straight lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment